Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving.  I am thankful.

I have a wonderful DLP (domestic life partner - cute right?), two healthy children including a preemie who refuses to be preemie-like, a place to live and food to eat.  Monday, when my maternity leave ends, I will return to a job which allows me to pay the bills and have my children raised by their father.  My greyhound is asleep across the room as usual and she will wake up only when offered food or a walk.  She is no longer hungry, she is no longer hurting, she no longer earns her survival through the power of her body.  I will likely find 15 minutes today to knit.  Tonight I will go to sleep in the same home as the people/creatures I love.

Today is Thanksgiving.  I am thankful.

That being said...  All these "Black Friday" businesses opening on Thanksgiving can KISS MY CREDIT CARD.
 
I will not be shopping today.  I will not be shopping tonight.  I will not be shopping tomorrow. 

It is a sad state of affairs that Black Friday has become a holiday unto itself.  I realize that retailers are attempting to save themselves in a suffering economy, however I will not sell my soul to help them.  I do not need a plasma television so badly that I will spend the Thanksgiving holiday standing in line outside Bud's Big Box Store.  I will support the local economy on Small Business Saturday.

Feel free to check my knitworthy progress on Ravelry (www.ravelry.com) where you can find me as Kieristhefastest.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome and you are right; Black Friday can SUCKIT. I look forward to your further adventures.

    ReplyDelete