Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Holy Fricke!

It is nearly a year since Yarn School.

Nearly a year that I have been using my Fricke Enterprises S-160-Double Treadle spinning wheel.  I luuurve it.  No really, I do.  Compared to many other spinning wheels the Fricke is a hardcore bargain.  Inexpensive as it may be (relatively speaking) it was still a huge investment for me.  As the single income amongst a four person family the manner in which money is spent counts a lot.  Did I need a spinning wheel?  No.  Did I want a spinning wheel.  Yeeeees. 

NewFangledDad and I have been talking a lot lately about making intentional life choices.  Spinning is a quiet focused pastime involving fiber (OMG, I LOVE ALL THE FIBER).  Doing artistic things pleases me immensely and makes me less likely to ship the children away to the first willing buyer or smother NewFangledDad in his sleep.  My spinning wheel is an intentional life choice to avoid prison.

I have recently been thinking about acquiring a second spinning wheel.  Something for travel.  Something small and portable.  My love for Bernice (oh yes, I named her) has not diminished in the slightest - but now I want more.  Others.  Additional.  I'll fight the good fight and hold out as long as I can.  But spinning wheels make this:

No comments:

Post a Comment