Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Resolve... or Not

Today is January 3rd, 2012.
Hmmm, no resolutions blog on the 1st?  Shocking.
Change of any kind, especially the paradigm-shifting life changes people like to declare on January 1, is hard.  Difficult.  Challenging.  So naturally it seems like an awesome idea to get dressed up, drink to excess and declare to all present the intent to climb Everest while simultaneously losing 20 pounds and reading every classic book ever written.  Sweet!  Let me know how that goes for you.
If something is important enough to pursue why isn’t it important enough to pursue March 11th or July 21st?  Why wait and attach our goals to the New Year?
In 2012 I resolve to do it now.  Whatever “it” might be.  I look forward to a year of achievements large and small.  I expect a year of moments – some will be memorable but lots won’t.  It will undoubtedly be a year of decisions – some will be wrenching but most will pass without hesitation.  2012 will have friends old and new, experiences that make me laugh and cry, knitting that gets finished and knitting that gets frogged...  I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment