Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wine Time! Grande Reserve Pinot Noir Bourgogne 2008

Never judge a book by its cover, never judge a wine by its bottle...



I would sum Josephine Dubois Grande Reserve Pinot Noir Bourgogne 2008 as wildly underwhelming.  It didn't really taste like anything.  That is not to say it didn't taste like anything, however it didn't taste like anything I could identify.  That doesn't sound any better does it?  I admit that our household wine rules of $15 or under and easily accessible for purchase does not leave me with the most refined palate. 

Usually I can pick out the berry, buttery, grassy, citrusy.  Nothing in this glass of wine really inspired me to try and harder or think any more about it.  I expect to find a nice acidity in pinot noir along with an earthiness.  There just weren't any notable flavors here for me.  So while the bottle may look like an old world wine wonder - you can probably do better for the money.

Name - Grande Reserve Pinot Noir Bourgogne 2008
Purchased - Whole Foods
Actual Cost - 11.99 + tax
Price Range - 8.99 to 11.99

No comments:

Post a Comment