Wednesday, August 19, 2015

People in Michigan Know the Size of My Stash

Over the weekend Newfangled Dad and I took the kiddos to the Allegan County Fairgrounds for the Michigan Fiber Festival. The tiny people love a car trip (Happy Meals!) and Newfangled Dad and I love sheep, so it seemed like a double win.

We saw the alpacas, the goats and the sheep. The little dude thought everything smelled. The Tiny Dictator thought everything was a reason to cry.

I would like to tell you that this is the point in our getaway where we enjoyed an idyllic picnic lunch in the grass laughing and teaching the children about the importance of sustainably raised livestock. In reality lunch was a shouty affair where very little was eaten. Both kids took their shoes off and had tantrums about putting them back on. I left with ketchup on the back of my shirt. Newfangled Dad had to carry around two cups of lemonade for the rest of the day because the munchkins would neither drink it nor allow him to throw it away.


We decided to divide and conquer. Newfangled Dad took the kids to a herding dog demonstration while I shopped the vendors. Well, mostly I waged war with my burning desire to buy a loom, dance gleefully with most of the Briar Rose booth and purchase everything grey at Bare Naked Wool.

In the end, I left having purchased only some dyed Border Leicester locks. Don't worry though, unnecessary stash enhancement karma found me by way of the little dude. As I hurriedly tried to dig cash out of my purse he waxed poetic about the obscene size of my yarn stash, regaling the bemused vendor with tales of "boxes are stacked as high as mama full of yarn and she has a lot of fiber too and two spinning wheels and we just took her to buy yarn recently so she just got some."

Hurmpf!

No comments:

Post a Comment