Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Speed Shopping Stitches

Stitches Midwest was August 6-9, 2015. I didn't decide until the very last minute that I wanted to go. The family already had a jam-packed weekend of activities (read, something other than sitting on the patio spinning) and so I had to use some creative problem solving to fit my fibery fix into our family schedule.

Stitches Midwest is held at the Schaumburg Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center in Schaumburg, IL. Our other big agenda item for Saturday was taking The Tiny Dictator to see the Shaun the Sheep Movie. Lucky for me, Schaumburg is awash in malls, restaurants and movie theatres. I was able to negotiate an hour and 15 minutes at Stitches while Newfangled Dad took the kids to frolic amidst the wonders at Dicks Sporting Goods.

I made a plan to speed shop through the Stitches marketplace. I used my handy-dandy WEBS 50% off coupon to get in for $5 (I get very resentful when I have to pay to shop) and I made the most of my time. I was there just after the marketplace opened, but even just an hour and 15 minutes later as I left, it was much more crowded.

I made some lovely purchases.

 
I came out with two skeins of Verdant Gryphon Traveller, the brightest Canon Hand Dyes I could find (squeeeeee!) and a set of blueish grey gradient mini-skeins from a new-to-me-dyer A Hundred Ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment