Monday, December 12, 2011

Crafty Alien Vortex?

So, let me give you a little background on the building in which I live:
  • We are semi-urbanites who like living in the city, but moved just far enough west that we could afford to own parking.
  • The primary form of summer entertainment at our building is burning things in our side yard fire pit while drinking wine.
  • The primary form of winter entertainment at our building is staying indoors.
  • We all own dogs.  No seriously, all of us.
  • We are the sort who receive the Crate & Barrel catalog, shop at Ikea, and there is an almost daily delivery from Amazon.com.

Sunday I braved the basement to do some laundry where I ran into a neighbor refinishing a table.  While tossing my load of darks into the dryer, another neighbor poked her head into the laundry room to ask if anyone had a glue gun.  She is making a holiday wreath.  I have just cast on and knit the first 16 rows of my February Lady Sweater.



My assessment?  Clearly our building has been trapped in some alien craftastic vortex.  This is so obviously how Martha Stewart created her kingdom, uppity building by uppity building.  She has formed an alliance with some uber-powerful race of paint brush wielding aliens.  Scary.

I am going to need someone to stop me if I macrame a plant holder.  Please?

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean u will soon be doing pottery classes cause me and Kayla would love to come see that's how we can get u off the grid u can be a craft teacher

    ReplyDelete