Friday, December 2, 2011

Wine Time! Presto Prosecco Brut

I've never met an alcohol I didn't like.  Okay, that isn't entirely true.  I'm not really on speaking terms with Southern Comfort due to a rough introduction on my 21st birthday.  That lapse in judgement aside I generally enjoy an adult beverage.

This recurring segment (Wine Time!) will be a few notes on the wine, beer and cocktails that grace my glassware.  don't expect haughty reviews; Newfangleddad and I are living on the cheap these days as we are supporting two smallish humans and one giant dog.  Life is expensive, but that doesn't mean that I want to forego my enjoyments.  So, be expecting wine and beer that is affordable (generally $15 or less) and readily available.

I'm taking the easy way out this week, as the combination of sleep deprivation and corporate America have squashed my get-up-and-go.

Name - Presto Prosecco Brut
Purchased - Whole Foods
Actual Cost - 9.99 + tax
Price Range - 8.99 (on sale) to 12.99


Sparkly and crisp.  The price makes it enjoyable anytime - no occasion required.  We were pretending it was summer with a light dinner of mozzarella, tomato and basil sandwiches on ciabatta baguette.  This would be a great summer wine for an evening on the porch, or perfect for mimosas at brunch...  I wouldn't wax poetic about it, but it tickled my nose, was $10 bucks and I could pick it up at the grocery store on the way home.  Win, win, win.

2 comments: