Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Manic Mommy Moment

Last week we went to see Santa Claus.  Getting two small people ready to brave the cold, ride the "el" and spend a day on-the-go is a big chore.  In the very early stages of this preparation I went insane.  I realized that Jelly Bean is bald.  A bald baby.  A bald baby in a holiday photo.

She needed a hat.

Immediately.

So, much to Newfangleddad's consternation I began to knit.  A hat.  The hat has eyelets and a ribbon.  We didn't have ribbon but that didn't stop me...  I used gift wrap curling ribbon.  I am a terrible mother.

It was too small.

I stretched it.



This was definitely a single use hat.  I squeezed it over her giant 'noggin for the photo.

Here's the deal.  My DLP is the baby whisperer in our house.  He is the king of the kids.  Sure, I contribute.  I go to work every day to pay the mortgage and the car payment and the groceries... but sometimes the need to contribute to the children overwhelms me.  Hence the hat hysteria.

I decided that Jelly Bean deserves a hat.  A real hat.  A hat made for her, not made to soothe a manic mommy moment.

This hat is a real hat.  This hat is a hoot.  Literally.



Materials:
Berrocco Vintage Chunky in Oats and Dried Plum
Size US 10.5 needles
Two buttons
Darning needle

No comments:

Post a Comment