Friday, December 16, 2011

Wine Time! Chime Pinot Noir

I bring pinot noir into the household quite frequently as a domestic compromise.  Newfangleddad likes white wine and while I am fond of very strong, heavy red wines (cab, merlot) he is not.  Hence the pinot noir, hanging out over at the lightest end of the red wine spectrum.  We both really enjoyed the Chime.  For him it had enough of the fruit presence and for me it had enough earthy spiciness.

Chime Pinot Noir 2009 is an Editor's Choice with 91 points in the July 2011 issue of Wine Enthusiast.


Name - Chime Pinot Noir Sonoma County 2009
Purchased - Rave Wines
Actual Cost - 14.00 + tax
Price Range - 9.95 to 17.99 (this varied greatly)
 
Then we ruined it.  For dinner we had black bean dip which is really just a whole lot of black beans, a whole lot of salsa and a whole lot of cheese.  Gah!  The Chime and the black bean dip did not like each other.  We will (will, will, will!) be buying this again, and I look forward to trying it with a pork dish or perhaps some Indian food.
Last night Newfangleddad was having some personal time looking at thousand year-old artwork and listening to Johnny Cash.  So, I finished the bottle after the kidlets were asleep while watching “Yule Log 2011” on cable.  I love that fake fire.  I loved the wine even more. 

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried a Zin on Newfangleddad? I find that fruitier than the Pinots I bring home. I wonder if he'd like a Malbec? It's almost always very reasonable on the wallet and goes with (it seems like) almost everything.

    ReplyDelete